Friday, December 29, 2006

New project: the Mack Bulldog!

My original intention was to start building the FSF 1/72 S:t Chamond, but my trusted old Dremel just died - and you can't build *anything* resin without a motor-tool of that type.

Oh, well - those things happen. So now I have switched to another kit, a plastic one: RPM's Mack Bulldog. I have been waiting to this one for a while. Partly because I fear RPM kits - this phobia kiecked in when I built their EXTREMELY complex 1/72 FT-17 - beautifully detailed but an absolute pain in the posterior to build.



The RPM Bulldog IS a complex kit as well, but not as frustratingly complex as their FT-17. The parts go together well, and I intend to leave out parts that cannot be seen anyway, like the very nice engine assembly, with transmission and all - and, yes, the steering wheel is correctly connected to the Front wheels. I know it's a bit like cheating, but this is only a Hobby, right?

No comments: